Retirees Urged to Watch Out for Detoothers
The UPDF 3rd Division commander, Brig. Patrick Kankiriho, has advised retiring soldiers to watch out for spouses who love lavish lifestyles.
"If your spouse is a spendthrift and is not willing to adjust, abandon her, as she is bound to lead you into misery."
He made the remarks on Friday during a function at Rubongi Barracks in Tororo district where 57 UPDF soldiers retired. He told the retirees that they had left the army with a modest financial package which they should invest wisely.
"Irresponsible spouses are planning how best they can get a fair share of the money you have worked for before eloping away with other men."
He added that such women prefer staying in the cities. "She will insist that you rent an apartment in town then she will lure you into spending money on luxuries till it is finished."
Kankiriho also cautioned the soldiers against over drinking. "If you do that, you will never regret why you retired from the force," he added.
This bit is a great Singles Advantage to add to the revised edition of The Joy of Not Being Married:
Over 90,000 Copies Sold
Published in 7 Foreign Languages
Purchase How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free on Amazon.com before you submit your retirement letter with this direct link:
Retirement Articles and Resources
1. Retirement Planning Tip - Retire to Where Retirement Living Is Best! - American Chronicle Retirement Articles by Ernie Zelinski - Soon retirement day will have come and gone. For your many years of service to the organization, you will have received congratulations from co-workers, a gold watch, and perhaps even a book on how to retire happily. If you are one of the fortunate ones, a generous company pension, government social security, and investments will give you the opportunity to pursue many interesting activities. According to financial experts, you will have it made. Indeed, you should live happily ever after. Not so fast!
2. Magical Retirement Planning - Make Retirement the Beginning of Life, Not the End! - American Chronicle Retirement Articles by Ernie Zelinski - PARADISE apparently isn't in the United States, at least for people planning to retire. In fact, almost 500,000 retired Americans live outside the United States, in places like Mexico, Thailand, Costa Rica, Panama, and Portugal.
3.Retire Happy Before You Expire! - Positive Retirement Quotes to Help You Do So - American Chronicle Retirement Articles by Ernie Zelinski - Retirement can be the best time of our lives. Unfortunately, the first part of many people's lives is wasted on boring work and the last part is wasted on a boring retirement. The good news, however, is that many more people enjoy retirement than those who don't.
4. Dynamic Retirement Living - Being Over the Hill Means Picking Up Speed! - Best Syndication Retirement Articles by Ernie Zelinski - Thinking young can help you to stay busily and happily involved in your so-called retirement years. Here are examples of several elderly people who kept active in their "retirement" years:
5. Your Magical Retirement Plan - Retire to Where Retirement Living Is Best! - Best Syndication Retirement Articles by Ernie Zelinski - Whether retirement is a distant dream, just around the corner, or if you are already retired, give some consideration in your retirement plan to living and traveling in a country other than where you are today.
6. Retirement Planning Tips on the Best Places to Retire - There are three other main motives why retirees may move to a new location. The first is to relocate to a beautiful location with a better climate and find refuge there. It can be a place formerly reserved for annual vacations somewhere close to the mountains, beside the ocean, or in a nice warm climate.
7. Top-Ten Inspirational Retirement Quotes to Help You Retire Happy, Wild, and Free - Amazines Retirement Articles by Ernie Zelinski - Unfortunately, retirement often gets a bad rap from many media people and other individuals who themselves have not been able to successfully cope with retirement. Fortunately, however, people who can't cope with retirement are in the minority. "Retirement works out quite well for people," states Joel Savishinsky, a professor at Ithaca College.
8. SelfGrowth.com - Retire Early So That You Can Retire Happy Before You Expire! - Positive Retirement Quotes to Help You Do So - Retirement can be the best time of our lives. Unfortunately, the first part of many people's lives is wasted on boring work and the last part is wasted on a boring retirement. The good news, however, is that many more people enjoy retirement than those who don't.
Clearly, retirement can be a challenging life transition, either financially or personally. Many people have lots of time on their hands, but way too little money. Others have lots of money, but don't know what to do with their time.
In this regard, Samuel Johnson declared, "Money and time are the heaviest burdens of life and the unhappiest of all mortals are those who have more of either than they know how to use."
9. SelfGrowth.com: How To Absolutely, Positively Make Retirement The Beginning Of Life - And Not The End! - In the course of a lifetime people pick up the knowledge and skills to build careers, raise their families, and accumulate material possessions. But not much of that prepares them for life in retirement. How do they handle leisure time? How do they keep their minds in tiptop shape? How do they adjust to a life without structure and purpose?
Fact is, retirement planning for the separation from work requires mental and spiritual planning more than most people realize. A long-term retirement plan to achieve your retirement goals is essential if you want a meaningful and productive retirement. The degree to which you plan beforehand how you are going to spend the bulk of your free time will determine how much fulfillment you experience in retirement.
So what's your retirement plan look like? If you are like most people contemplating retirement, you may have given some thought to the financial aspects of retirement planning but absolutely no consideration to the personal aspects.
Visit one of These Websites: